I vaguely remember seeing a direct message from someone called Parineeti.Chopra.My.Heartbeat sometime in December 2016. Due to being inundated with DMs, I do not usually “allow” messages. The name obviously caught my attention beacuse it had Parineeti in it, that comes without saying for me. I read the introductory message but replying meant I’d have to allow the chat, which at that stage I wasn’t ready to do. I smilpy smiled to myself and thanked God that my Pari was finding her way into more and more hearts.
On 31st December 2016, I saw another message from the same person. This time it said “Hi Ma’am, wishing you a very Happy New Year… Ma’am my exams are near, please pray for me, please please”.
How could I not allow that chat?!! He obviously got my attention and so I allowed the chat. It was the best descicion I made as I ended 2016 and embraced 2017.
As I started to reply to his messages, randomly at first, I got to know that his name is Arbaaz Khan from Jammu but who lives in Mumbai for study. He was seriously very sweet and his passionate, unadulterated, pure love for his super star Parineeti Chopra was incredible. I’m the sort of person who checks out who I’m talking to and so I naturally scanned his posts and statuses regarding Pari. They were amazing.
I later learned that he loved to write, something I love too, and poetry at that!!! By now he had my full attention. We started following each other across social media sites and eventually ended up exchanging mobile numbers for Whatsapp.
By now, his “Ma’am” had turned to “Didi” and when the happens, the person is stuck with me for life. Liking and retweeting each others posts became a thing and tagging each other came with the territory. We both shared other common “Online Friends”, 2 of whom we both are particularly close to.
The four of us started a group and we call ourselves the “Pari Warriors”… Parineeti Chopra is our focus and we all bond on many levels due to her. She is a part of everything we do and everything we stand for on the media front.
Getting back to Arbaaz, his poetry and wisdom, his intensity and internal pain, his caring nature and constant need to want to make others happy reminded me of myself so much… It was like me in another person. Arbaaz and I became closer and then one day, some 2 months ago he asked me, “Didi am I a worthy somebody who can be trusted? And if you say No, I’m okay with it beacuse you’re my sis and I know you’re honest “.
This puzzled me, not the question, but the need to ask that kind of question, especially knowing the fact that if he was not any of those, I would NEVER be entertaining him.
Lest, I tried to avoid answering the question, not to be rude but to try and decifer why he would ask this.
To add to my dilema, Arbaaz kept asking for my answer.
Finally I told him that when I do something, I do it to the best of my ability and so when I gave him an answer to his question (which may sound trivial to others), I wanted to give him one that he could reflect on and learn from. The God’s were good to me, Arbaaz had stopped asking!!! Maybe he thought I was not interested or perhaps I didn’t know how to tell him he’s so despicable that I want to scream… whatever he was thinking, I was just glad he stopped asking so I could give him his answer properly.
Today, on your special day, your 18th birthday, I want to give you my answer to your question Arbaaz, in 18 points which signify how I see you as a person, as a man, as a brother and fan.
1. KIND – I have come across alot of people on media, 90% of whom are there for their own glorification and needs. Arbaaz is one person who falls into that 10% group of rare people who are there to genuinely and wholeheartedly care about others.
2. CARING – Earlier this year I was critically ill for about a month, Abraaz never failed to message me, a good few times a day, to remind me to take my meds, to look after myself and that too, he did it with Parineeti memes which he edited for me. Arbaaz your love and prayer daily, definitely helped me heal. I couldn’t thank you enough.
3. SELFLESS – Again during my illness, I was in depression but it was Arbaaz who encouraged me, who made me laugh, who sent me edits of what he thought Pari would say if she were there… he just never let go… he stayed by my side and tolerated me till I was stable again. All this time he was going through his own pain and troubles but never allowed that to take precedence over me. He does this with all the people he cares for.
4. RESPECTFUL – Gosh respect is something that’s flown out the door faster than a man who has a hard poo on board… It’s something that will soon belong to the same category of dinosaurs…EXTINCT!!!
If there was any hope of finding a guy who was so respectful that he put you yourself to shame, it is Arbaaz. He exudes respect and loses his mind when someone is disrespectful to someone he cares about… I’ve witnessed this first hand.
5. STRONG-HEADED – Oh God, this guy is one hard nut and trying to crack him once he’s made his mind up about something, is almost impossible… unless you’re his Didi of course 😉
Seriously though, Arbaaz is focused and keeps to his word. If he says something, he delivers and if he’s decided about something of someone , the deal is sealed permanently. This has it’s perks and it’s disadvantages too. Though I haven’t had the need to say it to him, I do believe in second chances so maybe if the need does arise, he would listen to what I’d have to say.
6. TRUSTWORTHY – The truth be told, I would gladly place my life in his hands and not give it a second thought. Arbaaz, I speak for myself when I say this, but really, you’re one of the very few people in my life who I actually open up to about personal things. I trust you blindly and I pray it remains that way forever.
7. LOVE – When Arbaaz loves someone, it’s forever… so far I’ve experienced his undying love as a brother and I can bare testament to his love for Parineeti as a fan. I know that he’s a one woman man and so when that lucky girl becomes a part of his life, she will be treated better than royalty… speaking of royalty, the word loyalty rhymes, but is also a character trait in Arbaaz that I’m in awe of. He’s so genuinely loyal, sometimes I wonder if he’s real.
8. DEEP – Poetry, the need to make people happy, allowing pure love to flow like wine without any expectations speaks of someone who is deeper than meets the eye, who’s pained and hurt so never wants the same to happen to someone else. His knack of writing the most beautiful poetry is amazing. He writes Parineeti a new poem or two daily.
Arbaaz gives 500% of his self to others and never asks for anything in return. This puts the majority of us to shame.
9 to 18 – PARI WARRIORS LOVE YOU –
Arbaaz, I mentioned that I will give you your answer in 18 parts to signify 18 years of your existence… Points 1-8 could be explained. Points 9-18 just cannot be justly explained as they are filled with love, adoration, respect and affection for you from me and the other 2 Pari Warriors.
Words could never suffice to explain what you mean to us. When you’re sad, we are worried beyond, when I know you’re unwell, I feel like I can’t breathe, when you’re angry, we all are on tender hooks… when you’re happy, we are all more zealous about everything and we strive to live up to being someone as wonderful as you are.
You are more special than you could imagine Arbaaz !!!
***A NOTE FROM KRITI DUTTA***
Arbaaz Khan, some people know him as a Parizaada, some know he’s a Shayar, some have him as a friend. I know him as a person (I think I do). I’m glad to have him as a friend. I’ve not seen any guy like Arbaaz !! He is a true fanboy, a warrior… Someone who can fight with anyone for his love, Parineeti!!! He’s ever ready to help everyone but never expects anything in return. He’s one of the best people I’ve met on social media. Even I don’t remember how many times he has helped me in past 6-7 months!!!
So now you are turning 18… May God bless you with happiness and success. Bhagwan se yehi dua hai ki tumko tumhari BINDU jaldi mil jaaye!!!… Oops sorry, I mean “Khatarnaaak mixture of BINDU + MEETA + ZOYA”
Aur haan, please for God’s sake, start smiling!!!
Always remember there are 1000 reasons to cry, to be sad… But all you need to do is look for 1 reason that brings happiness to you!!! Stay Blessed and Healthy…HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAYAR SAHAB!!!
*** A NOTE FROM TAIYABA QURESHI ***
Everyone has a good friend, but my friend’s name is ARBAAZ!!! He is such a wonderful guy!!!
For Me Friendship Meanz
-a good listener
-does what is hard to do just for you
-will give you a smile whenever you are sad…
Arbaaz trust me, you have all those qualities!!! You are such a great soul Arbaaz. You’re always teaching me the right way whenever I go wrong and for that, am thankful to Allah, for giving me such a good friend like you.
Good friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but you know they are always there!!!
You’ve helped me alottt Arbaaz, especially when I started my Fan Club for our Parineeti Chopra!!!
I remember no one was there except you. You had suggeted to me the things I should do and you’ve been tolerating me and my stupidity for the last 5-6 months!!!
Thank you so much for being with me and last but not the least, I want to say keep smiling, stay happy and I wish you loads of love & happiness!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR KHAN!!!
*** A NOTE TO YOU FROM MY MOM ***
A very happy birthday to you Arbaaz, although I have not met you, you are a very dear member of our family as Riona speaks so highly of you. I am extremely proud of you. Continue doing what you are doing becuase only good things can come to someone with a beautiful heart like yours. God bless you Son.
So Arbaaz, I hope that you are satisfied with my answer to your question!!!… Sorry that I took so long but I wanted it to be as special as you are. YES YOU ARE A TRUST WORTHY PERSON!!! But much more than that too!!!
The reason I call you Jigar is because that’s exactly what you are to me… MY JIGAR KA TUKRA!!!
Here’s wishing you only good things in life Mr Nice Guy, may you never know any more pain, heartache, disappointment or hardship… I pray that from here on, you just keep rising!!!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY ARBAAZ KHAN – Yours Forever: Riona Balgobind, Kriti Dutta and Taiyaba Qureshi ❤❤❤